Main strategic objectives of the work developed by ACTION/Portugal in Angola:
- The process of extending compulsory social security, especially to workers in the informal economy.
- Assistance to the implementation of the National Policy for Social Action through the capacity building of the national social protection institutions responsible for its implementation.
- Supporting the implementation of a social protection statistics system covering both contributory and non-contributory social protection schemes.
An active and coordinated network between the following key partner institutions:
- Força Sindical Angolana (FSA-CS)
- Central Geral de Sindicatos Independentes e Livres de Angola (CGSILA)
- Associação Industrial de Angola (AIA)
Contribution to the SDGs – Agenda 2030
Visit the ILO Dashboard for more data on the Social Protection situation in Angola.
For more information:
Denise Monteiro, ILO project coordinator in Angola
Joana Borges, Social Protection Specialist